Sunday, February 1, 2009

Early work











I was in Chemainus visiting the show yesterday and was introduced to a local artist. She was asking about my artistic roots. I told her that I had grown up with avid photographers and a number of artists. My mother used to paint in oils, now she does incredible needlework. my brother's wife does beautiful pieces of fused glass. My oldest brother's son, has a clothing company featuring original handpainted designs. I'll post some of the links to their sites soon.

These are some of my earliset works. The pictures were taken on a March Break trip to Greece when I was 15 or 16. They were taken with my Grandfather's Leica M3 which I had inhierited.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter, I saw your prints tonight at the 'Dancing Bean'. I was quite taken by the beauty of the B&W landscapes, they seemed to represent the timeless nature of the coast. Tomorrow, when it is light, i will return to look again. Best Regards, Keith Neufeld

    ReplyDelete