Friday, October 16, 2009

A Visit Home

I went back east to visit family in September and went for long walks with my camera. Some of my favourite finds were close to home.

My father tends his garden as a labor of love. The backyard of my parent's home has always been an important gathering place for our family. It is an oasis for our family and we have grown and watched it evolve over the 50 years they have been there. There are many wonderful treasures and wonders in our yard.
I have been asked many times why I seem to have a fasination for photographing bugs. It finally came to me. When I was young, my parents gave me The Larousse Encyclopedia of Animal Life. In it were fantastic pictures of animals and bugs. I spent hours pouring over that book and was in awe of the photography. I realize that that where I became so interested in photography of insects.


While I was in Burlington, I went to the Art Gallery to check out my sister-in-law's, Ruth Marshall, art glass at The Art Gallery of Burlington. They have a solarium there and this beautiful plant was there. It wasn't labelled and I have no idea what it is. If anyone knows... please e-mail me.










No comments:

Post a Comment